Mares Hurdle Betting Tips 2021 (Tuesday 3.40pm) – Roksana and Concertista set to fight it out
The Mares Hurdle was one of the races of the Cheltenham Festival last season. We saw a titanic battle between Honeysuckle and Benie Des Dieux with neither horse giving the other an inch.
Honeysuckle had cleverly nipped up the inside of the field before they turned for home and outpaced her main rival Benie Des Dieux to maintain her unbeaten streak under rules.
Since its inception at the festival in 2008, the Mare’s Hurdle has been dominated by Ireland, and specifically Willie Mullins.
Mullins holds nine winning titles, six of which were won by the superb Quevega consecutively from 2009 to 2014.
2021 Mares Hurdle Preview
This is one of those races where it is a nightmare for punters to bet ante-post but it seems more and more likely that Honeysuckle will take her chance in the Champion Hurdle. Hopefully, the new declaration rules will help but none the less, it is a tough betting heat. Three years ago we had the debacle surrounding Limini and Vroom Vroom Mag with Rich Ricci not deciding which race they would run in.
Willie Mullins has dominated this race with superstar Quevega, Glen’s Melody in that infamous Annie Power fall race and then Vroom Vroom Mag in 2016. Apple’s Jade was a beaten 1/2 favourite in 2019 and Benie Des Dieux was turned over at 4/6 in 2020.
Mares Hurdle Betting Tip
The Mares Hurdle ran over 2m4f is next up on Day 1 and last years Mares Novice Hurdle winner Concertista heads the market at around the Even money mark. She has done nothing wrong this year and goes into this contest in fine fettle. She is definitely the best of the Irish and has to be considered a worthy market leader given his performance last year and the efforts she displayed this term. Trainer Willie Mullins hasn’t got a bad record in the contest either.
However, I am happy to chance ROKSANA (3/1 with bet365) here who’s in the form of her life. She won this contest in 2019 when a fortunate winner but she has come on leaps and bounds since then. On her reappearance this season she stormed clear to win a Grade 2 by over 8L at Wetherby before mixing it with the very best over 3m in Grade 1 company next time out. She finished third that day and she’s since been back in the winner’s enclosure when winning a Mares Grade 2 hurdle at Ascot last time out. I think herself and Concertista should be a lot closer together in the market and purely from a value perspective, I’d have to favour Roksana given the form she’s shown us this season.
WIN BET – ROKSANA: 3/1 with Paddy Power.
£20 Risk Free First Bet (£20 cash refund if you lose)CLAIM!
Mares Hurdle 2021 Free Bets
Upto £100 in Bet Credits for New Customers
£5 free bet for every race on the card (7 races) when you bet £10
Bet £10 get a £30 free bet & 60 free casino spins
Bet £10 get £30 in Free Bets
Mares Hurdle Trends
- Age – 9 of the last 12 winners were aged 5-7
- Price – 7 of the last 12 winners have been favourite, 11/12 winners were in the top 3 in the betting
- Last Run – 9/12 winners won on their last run before the Mares Hurdle, 7/12 winners ran within the last 52 days
- Previous Course Form – 7/12 winners had at least 1 previous run at Cheltenham, 5/12 had at least 1 previous win at Cheltenham
- Previous Distance Form – 12/12 winners had at least 2 previous runs over 19-21 furlongs, 10/12 winners had at least 3 previous runs over 19-21 furlongs, 12/12 had at least 1 previous win over 19-21 furlongs, 10/12 winners had at least 2 previous wins over 19-21 furlongs
- Previous Hurdle Form – 11/12 winners had at least 5 previous runs over hurdles, 11/12 had at least 3 previous wins over hurdles
- Rating – 10/12 winners had a rating of 150 or higher
- Graded Wins – 10/12 winners had at least 1 previous win in a Grade 1-3 race
Mares Hurdle Last 10 Winners
|2009||Quevega||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2010||Quevega||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2011||Quevega||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2012||Quevega||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2013||Quevega||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2014||Quevega||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2015||Glens Melody||Paul Townend||Willie Mullins|
|2016||Vroum Vroum Mag||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2017||Apple’s Jade||Bryan Cooper||Gordon Elliott|
|2018||Benie Des Dieux||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2019||Roksana||Harry Skelton||Dan Skelton|
|2020||Honeysuckle||Rachael Blackmore||Henry De Bromhead|
Mares Hurdle 2020 Result
1st – Honeysuckle (9/4)
2nd – Benie Des Dieux (4/6)
3rd – Elfile (16/1)
4th – Roksana (12/1)