Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase (RSA) Tips (1.55pm Cheltenham Festival Day 3) – One of the bankers of the week to oblige
The Festival Novice’s Chase, formerly known as the RSA Chase, is often a stepping stone for horses seeking Gold Cup glory in the future and this season could be no different with Monkfish.
Former winners such as Denman, Bob’s Worth and Lord Windermere all went on to win the Gold Cup in the year after they won this race that is just over three miles long and contains 20 fences.
Champ dramatically came late on to take the victory last season, as Allaho and Minella Indo crashed through fences and toiled up the Cheltenham hill and this year we’re hoping to see another thriller with Monkfish seeing off all his rivals.
Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase Tips
The 1:55 race from Cheltenham is the 3m Novice Chase and we have seen some fine winners of this race over the years. Many Gold Cup winners win this the year below Gold Cup glory and that may well be the case this year too.
I think MONKFISH (4/9 with Bet Victor) is the best staying novice chaser we’ve seen for a long time. He is getting better and better with every run and is just a natural over the larger obstacles. He obvious won the Grade 1 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle here at Cheltenham last season so we all knew he was a classy individual back then. However, he looks even better over fences. His jumping has been really slick and efficient and if he runs to the form he’s been showing in Ireland, I think he’ll win this and win it well. Really hard to look past him with only 5 runners taken him on.
Selection: Monkfish (no bet)
WIN SELECTION: Monkfish – 4/9 with Bet Victor.
Bet £10 get £40 in BonusesCLAIM!
Brown Advisory Novices Chase Free Bets
Bet £10 get a £15 Free Bet for Royal Ascot
Bet £10 on the 2.30pm > get a £10 FREE BET for the next 6 races (£60 in total)
Upto £40 CASH REFUND if your first Royal Ascot bet loses
Bet £10 and get £50 in free bets +100 FS on Casino (G50) - Mobile Only
Bet £10 on the first race > get SEVEN free £5 bets
Brown Advisory Novices Chase Trends
- Age – 9 of the last 12 winners were aged 7.
- Price – 4 of the last 12 winners were favourites, 8/12 winners were in the top 3 in the betting.
- Last Run – 7 of the last 12 winners won on their last run before the RSA Chase, 10/12 winners at least placed on their previous run before Cheltenham, 9/12 winners last run was within 39 days.
- 4/12 winners ran in the Flogas Novices Chase (Leopardstown) on their last run, 2 of the 4 won, 1 placed.
- 2/12 winners ran in the Reynoldstown Novices Chase (Ascot) on their last run, 1 of the 2 won, 1 placed.
- Previous Course Form – 11/12 winners had at least 1 previous run at Cheltenham, 6/12 winners had at least 1 previous win at Cheltenham.
- Previous Distance Form – 10/12 winners had at least 2 previous runs over 23-25 furlongs, 11/12 had at least 1 win over 23-25 furlongs.
- Previous Hurdle Form – 11/12 winners had at least 4 runs over hurdles, 12/12 winners had at least 2 wins over hurdles.
- Previous Chase Form – 11/12 winners had at least 3 previous chase runs, 11/12 winners had at least 1 previous chase win.
- Rating – 11/12 winners were rated 145 or higher.
- Graded Wins – 9/12 winners had previously won a grade 1-3 race.
- Season Form – 10/12 winners had at least 3 runs that season, 11/12 had at least 1 win that season.
Brown Advisory Novices Chase Past Winners
|2009||Cooldine||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2010||Weapon’s Amnesty||Davy Russell||C Byrnes|
|2011||Bostons Angel||Robbie Power||John Harrington|
|2012||Bobs Worth||Barry Geraghty||Nicky Henderson|
|2013||Lord Windermere||Davy Russell||Jim Culloty|
|2014||O’Faolains Boy||Barry Geraghty||Rebecca Curtis|
|2015||Don Poli||Bryan Cooper||Willie Mullins|
|2016||Blaklion||Ryan Hatch||Nigel Twiston-Davies|
|2017||Might Bite||Nico de Boinville||Nicky Henderson|
|2018||Presenting Percy||Davy Russell||Patrick G Kelly|
|2019||Topofthegame||Harry Cobden||Paul Nicholls|
|2020||Champ||Barry Geraghty||Nicky Henderson|
Brown Advisory Novices Chase 2020 Result
1st – Champ (4/1)
2nd – Minella Indo (3/1)
3rd – Allaho (5/2)
4th – Battleoverdoyen (7/1)