Kim Muir Challenge Cup Tips – Preview, Odds & Trends: Cheltenham Festival 2021, Day 3 5.30pm
Run over 3 miles 2 furlongs on the New Course at Cheltenham, the Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup is a handicap chase traditionally restricted to amateur jockeys.
However, unless the British government has a late change of heart, allowing amateur jockeys to compete at the Cheltenham Festival, the race may be contested by professional jockeys, including conditionals, in 2021.
Kim Muir (5.30pm Day 3) Tips
The finale on Day 3 is the Kim Muir, a handicap ran over 3m2f. Again it’s disappointing that no amateur riders can take part this year as this is a race they love but nevertheless it’s still a very decent and wide open betting heat for us punters to get stuck into.
The one I like in this is the mare MOUNT IDA EW (10/1 with bet365) for the Sneezy Foster team. Mount Ida has been running really solid races all season, never finishing out the frame in Graded Chase contests. She now returns to handicap company and I think she’ll relish this step up in trip to 3m2f. We know the yard like to target the handicaps at the Festival and I’m sure this has been the plan now for a while. Another great each way bet to round off proceedings on Day 3.
MOUNT IDA EW (10/1 with bet365)
Kim Muir Trends
- Age – 11 of the last 12 winners were aged between 7 and 9.
- Price – 2 of the last 12 winners have been favourites, 7/12 winners were in the top 3 in the betting.
- Weights – 11/12 winners weighed 11st 1lb or higher.
- Last Run – 1 of the last 12 winners won on their last run before the Kim Muir Challenge Cup, 11/12 winners had their last run within the last 76 days.
- Previous Course Form – 9/12 winners had at least 1 previous Cheltenham run, 3/12 had 1 previous Cheltenham win.
- Previous Distance Form – 9/12 winners had at least 2 previous runs over 24-26 furlongs, 5/12 winners had at least 1 win over 24-26 furlongs.
- Previous Hurdle Form – 11/12 winners had at least 5 previous runs over hurdles, 11/12 winners had at least 1 previous win over hurdles.
- Previous Chase Form – 11/12 winners had at least 6 previous chase runs, 10/12 winners had at least 1 previous chase win.
- Rating – 11/12 winners were rated 137 or higher.
- Season Form – 10/12 winners had at least 3 previous runs that season, 3/12 winners had at least 1 win that season.
Kim Muir Recent Winners
|2009||Character Building||J J Codd||John Quinn|
|2010||Ballabriggs||R O Harding||Donald McCain|
|2011||Junior||J J Codd||David Pipe|
|2012||Sunnyhillboy||A J Berry||Jonjo O’Neill|
|2013||Same Difference||Ryan Hatch||Nigel Twiston-Davies|
|2014||Spring Heeled||Robbie McNamara||J H Culloty|
|2015||The Package||J J Codd||David Pipe|
|2016||Cause of Causes||J J Codd||Gordon Elliott|
|2017||Domesday Book||Miss G Andrews||Stuart Edmunds|
|2018||Missed Approach||N McParlan||Warren Greatrex|
|2019||Any Second Now||Derek O’Connor||Ted Walsh|
|2020||Milan Native||R James||Gordon Elliott|
Kim Muir Result 2020
1st – Milan Native (9/1)
2nd – Kilfilm Cross (8/1)
3rd – Bob Mahler (16/1)
4th – Plan of Attack (10/1)
Cheltenham Day 3 Tips
|4.15pm||Glens of Antrim||14/1|
|4.50pm||Run Wild Fred||6/1|