Kim Muir Challenge Cup Tips – Preview, Odds & Trends: Cheltenham Day 3 5.30pm
Run over 3 miles 2 furlongs on the New Course at Cheltenham, the Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup is a handicap chase traditionally restricted to amateur jockeys.
However, unless the British government has a late change of heart, allowing amateur jockeys to compete at the Cheltenham Festival, the race may be contested by professional jockeys, including conditionals, in 2021.
Kim Muir (5.30pm Day 3) Tips
Former pointer Omar Maretti has made a promising start to his career under Rules, winning four of his five starts so far and may be capable of taking another step forward here. Indeed, he put up his best effort yet when jumping well to win a similar event at Catterick last month with plenty in hand and a 5lb rise in the weights may well underestimate him. Good to soft, or soft, going should suit him admirably and, at a double-figure price, he looks excellent value.
Omar Maretti EW (14/1 with bet365)
Kim Muir Trends
- Age – 11 of the last 12 winners were aged between 7 and 9.
- Price – 2 of the last 12 winners have been favourites, 7/12 winners were in the top 3 in the betting.
- Weights – 11/12 winners weighed 11st 1lb or higher.
- Last Run – 1 of the last 12 winners won on their last run before the Kim Muir Challenge Cup, 11/12 winners had their last run within the last 76 days.
- Previous Course Form – 9/12 winners had at least 1 previous Cheltenham run, 3/12 had 1 previous Cheltenham win.
- Previous Distance Form – 9/12 winners had at least 2 previous runs over 24-26 furlongs, 5/12 winners had at least 1 win over 24-26 furlongs.
- Previous Hurdle Form – 11/12 winners had at least 5 previous runs over hurdles, 11/12 winners had at least 1 previous win over hurdles.
- Previous Chase Form – 11/12 winners had at least 6 previous chase runs, 10/12 winners had at least 1 previous chase win.
- Rating – 11/12 winners were rated 137 or higher.
- Season Form – 10/12 winners had at least 3 previous runs that season, 3/12 winners had at least 1 win that season.
Kim Muir Recent Winners
|2009||Character Building||J J Codd||John Quinn|
|2010||Ballabriggs||R O Harding||Donald McCain|
|2011||Junior||J J Codd||David Pipe|
|2012||Sunnyhillboy||A J Berry||Jonjo O’Neill|
|2013||Same Difference||Ryan Hatch||Nigel Twiston-Davies|
|2014||Spring Heeled||Robbie McNamara||J H Culloty|
|2015||The Package||J J Codd||David Pipe|
|2016||Cause of Causes||J J Codd||Gordon Elliott|
|2017||Domesday Book||Miss G Andrews||Stuart Edmunds|
|2018||Missed Approach||N McParlan||Warren Greatrex|
|2019||Any Second Now||Derek O’Connor||Ted Walsh|
|2020||Milan Native||R James||Gordon Elliott|
Kim Muir Result 2020
1st – Milan Native (9/1)
2nd – Kilfilm Cross (8/1)
3rd – Bob Mahler (16/1)
4th – Plan of Attack (10/1)
Cheltenham Day 3 Tips