County Hurdle Tips 2021 – Preview, Odds and Trends for the Cheltenham Festival Day 4, 1.55pm
The Randox Health County Handicap Hurdle is a race run just over two miles with eight hurdles and can be a stepping stone on to the Champion Hurdle.
Saint Roi was sublime in last year’s renewal, jockey Barry Geraghty held his mount mid-division for most of the race but the horse quickened superbly to take the victory.
In the last six years, this race has only been won by two different trainers, both Dan Skelton and Willie Mullins have three victories each in this time.
Skelton won the race in back-to-back years with Mohaayed in 2018 and Ch’tibello in 2019.
County Hurdle Betting Tip
The County Hurdle is next up and it looks as tricky as ever. This 2m handicap hurdle is full of unexposed horses that are going to be a lot better than their handicap mark in due time. Third Time Lucki brings strong form to the table and the Skelton team know what it takes to win this. The strong pace will suit him and he has strong claims.
However, the one for me here is YOU RAISED ME UP EW (10/1). He’s looked really good to my eye when winning his last two starts on deep ground. I expect he’s going to be even better on decent ground which he will get here. He takes a keen hold in his races so the strong pace throughout a County Hurdle offers will be right up his street. The Brassil team are in fine fettle over the last couple of weeks and they can add a Cheltenham Festival winner to that fine run of form here.
YOU RAISED ME UP EW (10/1 with bet365)
Upto £100 in Bet Credits for New CustomersCLAIM!
County Hurdle Trends
- Age – 9 of the last 12 winners have been aged 5 or 6.
- Price – 1 of the last 12 winners have been favourites/joint favourites, 3/12 winners were in the top 3 in the betting.
- Weight – 9/12 winners weighed 11st 1lb or less.
- Last Run – 3/12 winners won on their last run before the County Hurdle, 8/12 winners ran within the last 72 days.
- Previous Course Form – 8/12 winners had at least 1 previous run at Cheltenham, 1/12 winners had a previous win at Cheltenham.
- Previous Distance Form – 11/12 winners had at least 3 previous runs over 15-17 furlongs, 12/12 winners had at least 1 win over 15-17 furlongs.
- Previous Hurdle Form – 9/12 winners had at least 5 previous runs over hurdles, 12/12 winners had at least 1 previous win over hurdles.
- Rating – 12/12 winners were rated 134 or higher.
- Season Form – 11/12 winners had at least 2 runs that season, 8/12 winners had at least 1 win that season.
County Hurdle Recent Winners
|2009||American Trilogy||Ruby Walsh||Paul Nicholls|
|2010||Thousand Stars||Katy Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2011||Final Approach||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2012||Alderwood||A P McCoy||Thomas Mullins|
|2013||Ted Veale||Bryan Cooper||A J Martin|
|2014||Lac Fontana||Daryl Jacob||Paul Nicholls|
|2015||Wicklow Brave||Paul Townend||Willie Mullins|
|2016||Superb Story||Harry Skelton||Dan Skelton|
|2017||Arctic Fire||Paul Townend||Willie Mullins|
|2018||Mohaayed||Bridget Andrews||Dan Skelton|
|2019||Ch’tibello||Harry Skelton||Dan Skelton|
|2020||Saint Roi||Barry Geraghty||Willie Mullins|
County Hurdle Result 2020
1st – Saint Roi (11/2)
2nd – Aramon (8/1)
3rd – Embittered (14/1)
4th – Buildmeupbuttercup (16/1)
Cheltenham Festival Day 4 Tips
The last day of the 2021 Cheltenham Festival includes the Gold Cup on Friday 19th March 2021.
|3.05pm||Al Boum Photo||5/2|
|3.40pm||It Came to Pass||11/1|
|4.50pm||Guard Your Dreams||25/1|