If a match is postponed or abandoned, there are different rules from each bookmaker so you will need to check the specific bookmaker terms and conditions to find out what happens to your accumulator if a match is postponed.
The general rule is that if a match is called off before the start of the game, that will simply be a void selection in your bet. This is the simplest of rules when it comes to games postponed on accumulators, however the rules specific to each bookmaker can be seen below:
If the Match is Postponed before Kick-off:
If the fixture in question is postponed before the game is due to kick-off the following bookmakers will all treat this as a void selection: Coral, Sky Bet, bet365, Ladbrokes, William Hill and Betfred.
For any other bookmakers, check their accumulator terms and conditions as to what happens if a game is postponed on an accumulator.
If the Match is Abandoned After Kick-off:
If a game you have backed in your accumulator is abandoned after kick-off, there are a few different ways bookmakers will deal with this. For example Ladbrokes and Coral say:
“If a match is abandoned before the end of the second half, all bets are void”
“This is true even if the governing body declares an official result (ie: FIFA award a 2-0 victory to one of the teams).”
William Hill use the same rules, so if the match does not finish, it will be treated as a void match and the selection will be deemed void on your accumulator. Meaning your 5-fold would turn into a 4-fold, treble into a double etc.
The same rule applies with bet365 but in some instances they will keep the bet alive if the match takes place in a certain time frame.
Some bookmakers will keep the bet live if the rescheduled fixture is set for within 48 hours of the original kick-off time.
Postponed Game in Paddy Power Accumulators
The rules at Paddy Power are outlined below in the case of one or more teams matches being void in your accumulator:
- If a match has not started (or if Paddy Power believes that a match will not have started) by 23:59 (local time) on its scheduled start date, then all bets in respect of that match will be void unless Paddy Power has knowledge that the match has been rescheduled to be played within three days of its original start date.
- If the venue of a match is other than is indicated on our website, the bet will stand provided the match has not been switched to the opponent’s ground, in which case the match will be declared void.
- In circumstances where over 90% of the scheduled match time has been completed and the referee ends the match before the allotted time has elapsed then we will use that result for the settlement of all bets placed on the game.
- For matches where abandonment occurs before 90% of the match has been completed then all markets are void unless their result has already been decided before match was abandoned. If the abandoned match is continued from the point of abandonment and completed before the end of the next calendar day then all bets on the match will stand. If the abandoned match is started again from kick-off at the start of the first half and completed before the end of the next calendar day then all pre-match bets on the original fixture will stand and all Betting in Running bets on the original fixture will be voided unless the result was already decided before the original abandonment.
- When an abandoned match(es) reduces the clients bet to below the permitted minimum for a list the bet will stand, with the void match(es) treated as non-runners for settling purposes. This ruling does not apply to bets involving first goalscorer which will stand provided a goal has been scored prior to abandonment.
- Bets on last goalscorer will be void in the event of abandonment.
Read More: See our latest football accumulator tips for the upcoming fixtures.