Netherlands take on their old foe Germany in a friendly match this Wednesday at the Amsterdam Arena.
The fixture doesn’t have the same oomph as it had in the past. Who can forget the World Cup fixture in 1990 when Frank Rijkaard gobbed over Rudi Völlers quite ridiculous permed swede? And let’s not even get started on that ‘tache. Take a look at the stills of that. Now look at Völler, just look at his grid and tell me you don’t want to smack him square on his chops.
Anyhow…Let’s consider a few things before trying to find a selection for the match:
· Friendlies are a pain in the arse to try and predict
· Netherlands are winless in the last 4 matches against the Germans
· Over the years 10 in 12 home matches have been +2.5 goals
· Both defences are as water tight as a ship captained by Francesco Schettino.
· Netherlands have scored 15 in 5, Germany 16 in 5
With all that in mind I’d expect the match to end up over 2.5 but the odds of 7/10 (Pinnacle) doesn’t make my winkie tingle. Neither does 4/7 (Bet365), for BTTS. 7/4 for over 3.5 goals with StanJames does attract my eye but doesn’t draw my hand to a betting slip.
Although I expect goals I do expect the match to end up in a draw. Whilst the 5/2 with Bet Victor for the draw is decent enough, the 13/2 for 1-1 @ William Hill, the 14/1 for 2-2 @Coral/Betfred and the whopping 66/1 for 3-3 @ Coral all appeal more at tastier odds.
1-1 @ 13/2 – William Hill
2-2 @ 14/1 – Betfred
3-3 @ 66/1 – Coral
New William Hill customers get £25 free when they open a new account, here is how to claim yours:
2. Open a new account with promo code F25
3. Place a £25 bet
4. Win or lose you will get the £25 back to bet with