Two equally matched teams in the past, where Sunderland will be fancied quietly to win this against a weak Villa team.
Best match odds:
Sunderland – 1/1 Coral
Draw – 5/2 Paddy Power
Aston Villa – 3/1 Stan James
Courtesy of opta
- There have been five red cards in the last seven Premier League meetings between Sunderland and Aston Villa.
- Martin O’Neill was manager of Aston Villa for four seasons, winning 61 of 152 Premier League matches, a win percentage of 40%. His current win % for Sunderland is 31% which is the second best by any Black Cats’ boss in the Premier League era after Peter Reid.
- Sunderland have won just one of their last six home Premier League games against Aston Villa (W1 D2 L3).
- The Black Cats have lost just one of their last nine Premier League home games (W3 D5 L1), but have scored just five goals in their last seven league matches at the Stadium of Light.
- Aston Villa have won none of their last 13 Premier League away matches (W0 D5 L8).
- Seven of Aston Villa’s nine league games this season have gone under 2.5 goals.
- Six of Sunderland’s games have gone under 2.5 goals this season.
- Sunderland have won only 26 corners in eight games this season; fewer than any other side in the Premier League.
- Conversely, the Black Cats have conceded the most corners in the Premier League this term (59).
- Sunderland’s Craig Gardner is the only player to hit 10 or more shots (inc. blocked) this season and see none of them hit the target.
Sunderland are a massive price at evens to win this but the last five meetings have either seen draws or a victory by a single goal. Villa will keep the game tense, so backing first goal at over 27 mins is 1/1 with Stan James and is a value bet.
Sunderland vs Aston Villa Best Bet Tip
First goal at over 27 mins is 1/1 with Stan James
New Stan James customers get a free £10 bet:
1. Click this link to Stan James
2. Open a new account for free
3. Place a £10 bet on any sport
4. Win or lose, you will get a free £10 bet