Bundesliga Stats & Recommended Bets for the Return Fixtures this Weekend
The Bundesliga is the first league back from it’s lockdown break this weekend and punters across the land are trying to work out the best bets for the opening set of fixtures. Lack of fitness and match sharpness is sure to play a part, but we’ve found some stats to help your betting this weekend.
There is plenty still to be decided in Germany’s top league so teams cannot afford to go into the remaining matches, however, we are sure to see some strange results after this break and teams will certainly take a week or two to get back to full fitness. With Bayern Munich holding a four-point lead at the top and Champions League, Europa League and relegation places still up in the air there is a lot to play for in the remaining matches.
Stats play a big part in a lot of peoples thought process when looking to place a bet and they could be even more helpful this weekend. With that in mind, we have taken a look at some key stats for the Bundesliga and placed them on this page, as well as some advised bets off the back of these statistics.
Key Bundesliga Season Stats
- There have been an average of 3.25 goals per game this season
- 88% of matches have gone over 1.5 goals
- 67% of matches have gone over 2.5 goals
- 41% of matches have gone over 3.5 goals
- Both teams to score has landed in 59% of matches
- 43% of matches have resulted in home wins
- The betting favourites have won 50% of matches
- There have been an average of 10.23 corners per game
- 54% of matches have had over 9.5 corners
- There have been an average of 3.9 cards per game
- 63% of matches have had over 3.5 cards in
Both Teams to Score Stats
The Bundesliga is always good for goals, so both teams to score is an important stat ahead of this weekend. Below you’ll see the % of matches in which both teams have scored in this season based on each team. We can then use them stats to look at the fixtures and give us an average over the two sides. The top four matches will form our BTTS tip.
As you can see from the table, Paderborn are the team with the highest % of matches in the Bundesliga this season at 68%. They play Fortuna Dusseldorf this weekend who are 7th in the BTTS stats table with 60% of their matches having both teams to score. That gives us an average of 64% across the two teams.
Monchengladbach are also on 68% of matches having BTTS and they play Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday evening, who have a 63% return for BTTS in their games. This means this fixture has the highest % chance of both teams scoring across the weekend with an average of 65.5%.
Weekend’s fixtures & average BTTS of games:
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach – 65.5%
Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn – 64%
Augsburg vs Wolfsburg – 60%
FC Koln vs Mainz – 58%
Hoffenheim vs Hertha Berlin – 58%
Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin – 58%
RB Leipzig vs Freiburg – 57.5%
Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke – 54%
With that in mind, we’d recommend a both teams to score bet as follows:
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach
- Fortuna Dussledorf vs Paderborn
- Augsburg vs Wolfsburg
Best Odds – 3.6/1 with William Hill.
Bet £10 get £30 in Free Bets (promo code R30)
Bundesliga Over 2.5 Goals Stats
Looking at the over 2.5 goals stats, 67% of Bundesliga matches have over 2.5 goals in them, one of the highest from the top European leagues. The table below shows which teams are above and below that average and once again, we can look at the fixtures this weekend to see which games are most likely to have over 2.5 goals in them:
Fixtures and Over 2.5 goals Average
FC Koln vs Mainz – 74%
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach – 71.5%
Hoffenheim vs Hertha Berlin – 70%
Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn – 62%
Augsburg vs Wolfsburg – 64%
Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin – 65%
Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke – 65%
RB Leipzig vs Freiburg – 63.5%
Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Paderborn – 62%
This time we get different results and so our over 2.5 goals treble based on the stats would be:
- FC Koln vs Mainz
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach
- Hoffenheim vs Hertha Berlin
Best Odds – 4.14/1 with bet365.
Bet £10 get £50 in Free Bets for new customers
Bundesliga Corner Stats
Corner betting continues to be popular and thanks to Mark O’Haire on Twitter for these corner stats. You can see the full list on his Tweet below including corners both for and against. These stats are helpful when looking to predict how many corners will be in each fixture this weekend.
🇩🇪 Bundesliga corner stats:
⛳️ Total Corners
👍 Corners For
👎 Corners Against pic.twitter.com/iV8oKhAbay
— Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) May 12, 2020
Player Goalscorer Stats
Robert Lewandowski – 25 (4/9 to score vs Union Berlin)
Timo Werner – 21 (4/6 to score vs Freiburg)
Jadon Sancho – 14 (13/10 to score vs Schalke)
Robin Quaison – 12 (23/10 to score vs Mainz)
Sebastian Andersson (7/2 to score vs Bayern Munich)
Key Bundesliga Opta Stats this Weekend
2 – The #Bundesliga returns in 2 days – @Sanchooo10 is the only player in this Bundesliga season to reach double figures for both goals (14) and assists (15). DoubleDouble. @BlackYellow #Optacountdown #Bundesligacountdown #OptaFranz pic.twitter.com/8LkvQjj2bv
— OptaFranz (@OptaFranz) May 14, 2020
3 – The #Bundesliga returns in 3 days – Philipp Max has scored a league high 3 direct free-kicks this season. Specialist. @FCA_World #Optacountdown #Bundesligacountdown #OptaFranz pic.twitter.com/bNrxG0qzBK
— OptaFranz (@OptaFranz) May 13, 2020
- Bayern quite often take a little while to get going at home against the tightly packed defences deployed by visiting teams. In fact, the Bavarians scored 68% of their Bundesliga goals at home in the second half of their games in Munich.
- Dortmund have built a reputation as one of Germany’s most attacking teams, however, defensively they are also surprisingly strong. At home, they have won to nil this season in 58% of their games – that’s the highest figure in the Bundesliga.
- RB Leipzig have been the late-goal experts this season, registering 18 times in the last 15 minutes of their league games in 2019/20 – more than any other team in the division.
- Borussia Monchengladbach have performed quite poorly against other members of the Bundesliga’s top six this season, taking just eight points from eight games in matches versus their nearest rivals.
- Bayer Leverkusen like an early goal. Die Werkself have scored 10 times already this season inside the first 15 minutes of their Bundesliga games. Only Bayern Munich (15) have scored more.
- 69% of the total goals scored in Schalke’s league matches in 2019/20, were registered in the second half of their fixtures.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in just 44% of Wolfsburg’s Bundesliga fixtures in 2019/20 – that’s the lowest figure in the entire competition.
- Freiburg’s home matches generally start at a snail’s pace. Remarkably, just three goals have been scored inside 30 minutes in Bundesliga matches at the Schwarzwald-Stadion this season.
- Hoffenheim (10) have scored fewer first half goals than any other Bundesliga club so far in 2019/20 however.
- Köln are the German top-flight’s set-piece specialists in 2019/20. Die Geißböcke have plundered 15 goals from set plays this season – more than any other Bundesliga team.
- Eintracht Frankfurt are capable of springing a surprise or two, particularly at home, as evidenced by their wins over top six sides Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzig and Bayern Munich earlier this season.
- With an average of just 10.8 shots per game, Hertha have been threatening their opponent’s goal less often than any other team in the Bundesliga this season.
- Augsburg are statistically the second-worst performing away team in the Bundesliga so far this season, winning just two of their first 13 assignments on the road overall.
- Werder Bremen have a major problem defending set pieces. They have conceded more goals from set plays (14) than any other team this season.
- Paderborn have taken just six points from seven games against the league’s other bottom six clubs this season.
Read all our Bundesliga predictions for this weekend’s games including previews of every match.
Today’s Football Betting Tips – 4 Picks for a 6/1 Accumulator
Our Wednesday football betting tips come from the Carabao Cup, Super Cup and sole Conference…
BTTS Tips – 15/2 Both Teams to Score Acca from the EFL Cup Tonight
Today's both teams to score tips come from the EFL Cup fixtures and all four…
22/1 Accumulator Tip – Tuesday’s Acca from the EFL Cup & Champions League Qualifying
Tonight's football accumulator tip comes from a vital match in Champions League qualifying and four…
Rangers vs Union Saint Gilloise Bet Builder Tips & Predictions
A huge night awaits Rangers under the lights of Ibrox in the west end of…
bet365 Welcome Offer – How to get the £50 Joining Bonus
What is the welcome offer at bet365? When you open a new bet365 account you…
Ladbrokes Welcome Offer – How to Get the £20 Joining Bonus
What is the welcome offer at Ladbrokes? [single_affiliate_freespins id="72296" ] Playing at online casinos and…