Leicester City vs AEK Athens Pundits Predictions, Betting Tips, Opta Stats and Predicted Line-ups
Leicester rescued a point with a last-minute Jamie Vardy equaliser in Braga two weeks to confirm their place in the last 32, but for our Leicester vs AEK Athens tonight we need to see the predicted line-ups, as the Foxes still need to confirm top spot.
They will win the group with a win or if they at least match what Braga do in their game with Zorya so their fate is very much in their own hands.
Brendan Rodgers’ side have been impressive in the Europa League so far this season, but they did lose 1-0 to Zorya last week in a match which could have confirmed top spot. A few changes were made for that match and the same can be expected tonight.
AEK Athens have already been eliminated so they are only playing for pride. They have lost four of their five Europa League group stage matches this season and it is likely they’ll lose again tonight having made some changes themselves.
Read all the pundit’s predictions below and their betting tips.
Leicester won 2-1 in Athens earlier in the group stage.
“Backing Leicester to win to nil would be a decent bet, but after running the numbers, there appears to be slightly more value in backing both teams not to score. It should be a shade of odds-on, so a best price of 11/10 looks worth backing.
In terms of correct score betting, 2-0 to the home side is the most likely scoreline, but bookmakers agree, so 3-0 could be the way to go, offering a bit of value at 17/2.”
Betting Tips: BTTS? No – Evens with Bet Victor and Leicester to win 3-0 – 9/1 with SBK.
Racing Post Prediction
“Barnes has been one of Leicester’s top performers this season, grabbing five goals in 15 appearances, and he has scored in two of the three Europa League games which he has started.
Harvey Barnes has had more shots than any other Leicester player this season with 26, two more than Jamie Vardy.”
Betting Tip: Harvey Barnes to score first – 6/1 with bet365.
Up to £100 in bet credits for new customersClaim Here
“AEK Athens are definitely capable of breaching this Leicester defence, and knowing that Luhansk and Fulham both got results against the Foxes should give the visitors an injection of confidence. However, AEK Athens have nothing to play for in this one and the Foxes should be too strong at home against the Greek side, so we cannot see any other result than a routine win for Rodgers’s men as they look to seal top spot in the group.”
Betting Tip: Leicester to win 3-1 – 10/1 with bet365.
Leicester vs AEK Athens Opta Stats
- Leicester City’s 2-1 win over AEK on MD2 of this season’s UEFA Europa League was their first ever meeting in European competition.
- AEK Athens have lost four of their five away major UEFA European matches in England – their only win was in November 1976, beating Derby County in the Cup Winners’ Cup at the Baseball Ground.
- Leicester City have won seven of their 11 home matches in major UEFA competition (D3 L1), with their only home defeat coming in September 1997 against Atletico Madrid in the UEFA Cup at Filbert Street.
- AEK Athens have lost 10 of their last 11 matches in the UEFA Europa League/Champions League (W1), having gone nine unbeaten before this run (W2 D7).
- Since losing his first home UEFA Europa League game in 2012/13 with Liverpool against Udinese, Brendan Rodgers has won eight of his 12 home games in the competition (D2 L2) across spells with Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester.
Leicester City Predicted Line-up vs AEK Athens
Schmeichel; Justin, Morgan, Evans, Thomas; Ndidi, Praet, Choudhury; Under, Iheanacho, Barnes
Bet £20 > CASH REFUND IF YOU LOSE
Deposit and bet £20, if your £20 loses you get a cash refund.
Europa League Betting Tips
You can find all of our Europa League betting tips on one page including:
- Price boosts for today’s matches
- Tips involving the Premier League teams including Dundalk vs Arsenal.
- Europa League accumulator bets
Paul Merson’s Predictions: 40/1 Premier League Accumulator Tip from the Pundit
Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson has given his predictions for this weekend's Premier League football…
Accumulator Tips: 28/1 Acca from David Prutton’s Championship Predictions on Saturday
David Prutton is the Sky Sports pundit for the Championship and each week he predicts…
Newcastle vs Leeds Prediction, Odds, Betting Tips and Bet Builder
Newcastle vs Leeds kicks off the weekend Premier League football on Friday night and we…
Premier League Predictions – Preview and Score Betting Tip for Each Saturday Fixture
The action in the Premier League does not stop and our Saturday predictions for this…
Champions League Tips: Tuesday’s Score Predictions and a 15/1 Accumulator
The wait is finally over and this season's Champions League campaign is about to begin…
Saturday’s 26/1 Premier League Accumulator Tip and Acca Insurance Offer
The end of the international break signals the return of the Premier League this weekend…