Southampton vs Liverpool Betting Tips & Pundits Predictions
Southampton host Liverpool in the final match of the Premier League weekend which also brings to an end a busy Christmas and New Year period for the top flight, but what are the football pundits predicting will happen in tonight’s game?
The Saints can go sixth with a win tonight or Liverpool will go back to leading the table by three points ahead of Manchester United.
This will be a difficult game for Jurgen Klopp’s side who have only managed draws in their last two fixtures (Newcastle and West Brom) but Southampton are in similar form, drawing three and losing one in their last four.
Southampton vs Liverpool Prediction from Thatsagoal
“Aston Villa, Everton, Manchester City, Brighton, Fulham, West Brom, Newcastle. That is the full list of sides who have taken points off the Premier League champions already this season. A regression from their impressive high is to be expected and fixture congestion is obviously taking a toll.
One player who won’t be suffering from congestion is the fit-again Danny Ings. Southampton have endured a bit of a slump with just one goal in four but the return of their talisman should provide a confidence boost. A goal for Ings against his former club is well-priced at 15/8.”
Danny Ings Anytime Scorer – 15/8 with Bet Victor.
Bet £5 to get £30 of bonusesClaim Here
Lawro’s Southampton vs Liverpool Prediction
Every week you can read Lawro’s predictions on his BBC Sport column, where he goes up against a celebrity in predicting the results of the 10 Premier League fixtures.
“I always feel like Southampton are better on the road, but their home form is decent too – the fifth-best in the Premier League in fact.
Liverpool have not been great away this season but I just have a feeling they will get back to winning ways on the south coast.”
Lawro’s prediction: 1-2 – 8/1 with bet365.
Michael Owen’s Southampton vs Liverpool Prediction
Former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker Michael Owen game his prediction in his Bet Victor blog.
“Liverpool arrive here after dropping 4 points in their last 2 matches. They come up against a Southampton side that have also drawn successive matches, both ending 0-0.
It was great to see Thiago returning from injury against Newcastle. I think he’s a wonderful player and will just get better and better.
With that in mind, I think Liverpool will have enough here. Southampton simply aren’t scoring enough goals at the moment and I could see the Reds winning this one comfortably.”
Liverpool win 3-1 – 12/1 with Bet Victor.
- Southampton have lost each of their last six Premier League meetings with Liverpool, scoring just twice and conceding 17 goals in these games.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last eight Premier League meetings with Southampton (W6 D2), keeping a clean sheet in six of those matches.
- Southampton have won 10 league games against reigning Premier League champions, beating all six different teams to win the trophy when defending their crown (Man Utd, Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Leicester). They could become the first team to beat all seven Premier League champions in the season following a title win.
- Southampton won their first league game of 2020, beating Spurs 1-0 at St Mary’s. Saints haven’t won their opening league game in consecutive calendar years since 2002 and 2003 (which included a 1-0 victory over Spurs).
- Liverpool have won their first league game in just one of the last eight calendar years when kicking off the new year away from home (D4 L3), with that victory coming at Burnley in 2018.
- The reigning top-flight champion has lost their first league game in just two of the last 32 calendar years (W18 D11), with Man Utd losing 0-3 at Newcastle in 2012, and 1-2 at home to Spurs in 2014.
- Southampton have won just one of their last 15 Premier League games played on a Monday (D7 L7), though that victory was in their last such match at Brighton earlier this month.
- Southampton have played out back-to-back goalless draws in the Premier League for the first time since October 2018 under Mark Hughes – they have never registered three consecutive goalless draws in their league history.
- Since Ralph Hasenhüttl took charge of Southampton in December 2018, Danny Ings has been directly involved in 38 goals in the Premier League (31 goals and seven assists); 16 more than the player with the next most at the club in this period (22 – James Ward-Prowse).
- Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has scored seven goals in his six Premier League games against Southampton, only scoring more against Bournemouth (8) and Watford (8) in the competition.
bet365 Sign-up Bonus for Liverpool vs Southampton
Open a new bet365 account to bet on tonight’s match and you will get their up to £100 in bet credits sign-up bonus to spend.
Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Bet £10 get £50 in Free Bets for new customersClaim Here
Erling Haaland Goalscorer Odds – New Man City Striker 4/1 Favourite to win the Golden Boot
Manchester City have signed one of the best players in the world already this transfer…
Darwin Nunez Betting Odds – New Liverpool Striker 12/1 to Score 25+ Goals
Liverpool have made one of the biggest transfers of the window so far in persuading…
Lawro’s Predictions for the Last Day of the Premier League Season & 341/1 Accumulator
BBC pundit Lawro has predicted the results of all 10 matches on the final day…
How to get £30 in Free Bets for the Premier League Final Day
The Premier League season concludes this weekend with everything still to be decided, and you…
25/1 Tottenham vs Arsenal Bet Builder Tip and Predictions
Tottenham vs Arsenal bet builder tip for tonight's crucial North London derby in the race…
48/1 Wolves vs Man City Bet Builder Tip, Predictions and Free Bets
Wolves vs Man City bet builder tip for tonight's Premier League match as City look…