Best Bookmakers in UK for Betting on Football – Top 5 Rated Bookies
How do you choose which bookmaker to use when it comes to betting on football in the UK? There are so many options to choose from and so many different sign-up bonuses and promotions, but which bookies are the most recommended?
People will always have there preferred bookmaker to bet on football with and for us, bet365 will always be the best overall bookies when things like best odds, promotions, live streaming and customer service are considered. However, there are some online bookies in the UK that are better than bet365 for certain things.
Best Bookmakers in UK
Here are our top 5 bookmakers in the UK today – these might change over time but at the time of writing these are the five we’d consider opening an account with and the reasons for each selection.
- Paddy Power
- Bet Victor
- William Hill
bet365 – best overall football bookies
Not only do bet365 offer competative odds and a very good matched deposit bonus when you sign-up, but they also have great existing customer offers for football punters. These include Soccer Accumulator Bonus, Bore Draw Money Back, 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout and Live Streaming of top European football including Serie A, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga.
If you’re looking for a UK bookmaker that is a strong overall bookies online, then no doubt that bet365 are your best starting point.
Upto £100 in bet credits for new customersClaim Here
Paddy Power – best for Money Back Specials
Paddy Power have developed quite a reputation for novelty betting and early payouts, especially on Social Media. Earlier this season they paid out on Fulham to be relegated after just three games of the season and that is why so many people love Paddy Power.
As well as their gimmicks they also have fantastic existing customer offers and these include money back specials. On the big football matches you will find promotions such as ‘money back as a free bet if your bet loses but Mo Salah scores’ or ‘money back as a free bet up to £10 if Chelsea beat Tottenham’.
These existing customer promotions are coupled with things like enhanced odds daily bets and Paddy Power Rewards Club and it makes Paddy Power one of the biggest online bookmakers in the UK.
Risk Free £20 First Bet - Money back in CASH if it losesPlus:
- Paddy Power Rewards.
- 2-up you win.
- Acca insurance all markets.
- Same game multi bets.
Parimatch – best brand new bookmaker
People are always on the lookoutWill for a new online bookmaker to crop up in the UK and this month Parimatch have done just that. The beauty about this new UK bookies is that they are launching in the UK under Bet Victor, and already have a massive reputation elsewhere in the world.
At Parimatch, you will see a lot of similar offers to Bet Victor such as daily price boosts, boosted accas and a fantastic bet £5 get £30 sign-up bonus which rivals some of the best new customer offers available for football betting.
Bet £5 & you get THREE free £10 betsClaim Here
Bet Victor – best for football odds
One of the most important things for people who bet on football are the odds. At Bet Victor, they pride themselves on having some of the most competitive odds out of all the top UK bookmakers and that means they have to be included in our list. If you like to bet on football accumulator bets, Bet Victor are an excellent choice because you can be almost certain that the odds you will be getting will be the best, or close to the best, of any of the online bookies.
Like the Parimatch offer above, you will also get a generous bet £5 get £30 sign-up bonus when you open a new Bet Victor account.
BET £5 GET £30 IN BONUSES Including:
- Two free £10 sports bets
- £10 casino bonus
- Daily price boosts
- Build your own bets with Bet Builder
William Hill – best for daily price boosts
The final bookies to look at in our top UK bookmakers for football betting is William Hill. They have made it onto the list because they have some fantastic daily price boosts. There will be boosts across a number of fixtures. Such as their Super Boosts for the Saturday Premier League fixtures or midweek Champions League bets, and also price boosts for specific matches.
Because there are usually quite a few price boosts to choose from, you will never be short of options when looking to place a football bet at William Hill. They are also one of the largest bookmakers operating in the UK. You can be sure that their customer service is top notch and you’re unlikely to have any problems with a William Hill account.
Bet £10 get £30 in FREE BETS Plus:
- Daily price boosts on various sports.
- Acca freedom: boost your acca or acca insurance.
- Pick your own bet with #YourOdds
How to choose best bookmakers in UK
Before we get into our reasons for which bookmakers in the UK we think are best, it is important to remember that these are only our opinions, you might like a different bookmaker because of an offer or feature they have.
- Good sign-up offer – the first thing you will see when opening a new betting account online is the bookies sign-up offer. Some are more appealing than others and always be sure to check the terms and conditions thoroughly when claiming a sign-up offer.
- Good odds – You’ve opened a new betting account and you want to get the very best value for your bets. This is why you need a bookies with good odds. Our recommended bookmaker for football betting odds are Bet Victor, who consistently rank highly in the best odds tables.
- Easy to use website or app – If people don’t like how a website feels or it doesn’t do what they want it to do, it is very frustrating. That is why user experience is so important when choosing a new bookies. Try out the new bookies’ app before committing to it.
- Good existing customer offers – Once you have opened your new betting account and started betting, you want the offers and promotions to continue. This is a big reason why bet365 are rated as our number 1 bookies in the UK for football. They always looks after their existing customers and have generous offers for them.
- Live streaming – there are loads of live streaming platforms available online these days, but the streaming provided by bet365 is all fully legal and in HD. There will be no pop-up ads and you can also bet in-play alongside the live stream.
- Range of betting markets – As well as the classic football betting markets such as win-draw-win, both teams to score, BTTS win and correct score, you might want to delve into other betting markets such as the number of corners, players to be booked or total shots on target. Be sure to look through all the markets your new bookies has before deciding if they’re really one of the best bookmakers in UK.
- Top customer service – Another very important criteria for people opening a new betting account is customer service. If you ever have a problem with your bet or want something resolving quickly, you have to hope the customer service agent your chosen bookmaker employs, has a good knowledge of football betting.
- Live chat facility – As above, if you want something resolved quickly with your betting account, the ability to go on live chat and sort it out is a big plus.
Best UK Bookies FAQs
Here are some of the questions we get asked most often about the best UK bookmakers and why we like the ones we have in our top 5.
Which is the best bookmaker in UK?
In our opinion one bookmaker really stands out in the UK and that is bet365. However, you should read our top 5 rated bookies and see why each one is selected for a different reason.
Which UK bookmaker has the best offers?
The bookmaker with the best sign-up offer in the UK all depends on what kind of offer you want to see. If you like a deposit bonus then you should try bet365 or BetBull. For a risk free bet, use Paddy Power or for a big offer try Betfred.
Which bookmaker has the best odds for football?
Different bookmakers have the best odds for different events, but on the whole, Bet Victor are quite a reliable bookmaker and you can always be sure to have competitive football odds from them.
Are bet365 the best bookies?
Parimatch Free Bet – Bet £5 get £30 in Bonuses at this Brand new UK Bookmaker
Parimatch are a well-known bookmaker across the world, and now they have come to the…
How to choose the best betting site for you
There is no easy way to pick the best betting site for what you like…
The Best Betting Apps for Football Accumulators
Betting on football accumulators are one of the most exciting ways to have a bet,…
Who are the best bookies for football accumulators?
Betting on football accumulators is one of the most popular ways that people enjoy a…
The Best Betting Challenges and How to Play Them
Bet challenges are very popular amongst gamblers and you will see some big winners across…
How does a Both Teams to Score and Win Bet Work?
During the many months of a typical football season, the general accumulator and both teams…